with relation to Mushroom Grow Kit Cost-effective – Discount Pack In the long term, the cost of a kit will likely be cheaper than the cost of the amount of mushrooms it produces in the supermarket.
Each mushroom harvest from our growing kit yields 3 to 4 servings, and each box can generate up to two crops. You may cook them however you choose, whether sauteed or grilled, or simply add them to your favorite pasta meals.
When it comes to mushroom growing kits, how long do they last?
This Cascadia mushrooms shiitake mushroom kit is a wonderful option. These kits are identical to the fruiting blocks they cultivate on their Washington farm. For up to three months, you should be able to harvest many times from this fast-growing shiitake variety.
The easiest mushrooms to grow are:
Wine cap mushrooms.
Lion’s mane mushrooms.
Get 5 Different or the Same Magic Mushroom strains and receive a great deal! | Grow kit Discount Pack
Are you having a hard time choosing which magic mushroom grow kit you should get? Just order Magic Muhsroom Five Pack! You choose 5 magic mushroom grow kits. You will save money and get to try the different Psilocybe cubensis strains.
To start up the different types of mushroom grow kits you need to use the right instructions.
Download, read and watch the instructions for the
- 1x grow box – This contains substrate with active mycelium (the cake)
- 1x grow bag – The bag has a micron filter to keep contaminants out
- 1x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
- Misting Bottle – Misting is needed for the humidity level
- Potable water – For misting and soaking
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (micro organisms) no chance to contaminate.
We recommend using
- Surgical gloves
- Disinfectant for hands
- Disinfectant for surfaces
- Soaking Bag
- Thermo mat (when room temperature drops below 18°C)
- Close any open windows. Wind or draft may bring microorganisms that can contaminate the Psilocybe cubensis Magic Mushroom grow kit.
- When taking out the grow box with the cake from the carton box, put it on a disinfected surface. If this surface would not be clean, microorganisms may attach to the grow box and will flourish inside the Psilocybe cubensis Magic Mushroom grow kit and will contaminate the grow box.
- Make sure you work with clean hands and arms. We recommend using surgical gloves or a good disinfectant when handling the kit. You should use a facemask to avoid breathing into the grow bag and on the cake.
- Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Close the grow box well and let it soak for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, pour the surplus of water out of the grow box.
- Place the grow box inside the grow bag. The open end of the bag should point upwards.
- Remove the lid from the grow box. Rinse the lid and store it in the carton box.
- Fold the open end of grow bag twice; do not cover the micron filter.
- Place the paperclip on the fold, so the bag stays closed. Now the Psilocybe cubensis Magic Mushroom grow kit is ready to grow.
- Place the Psilocybe cubensis Magic Mushroom grow kit inside the carton box, on top of the ziploc with lid.
The ideal temperature is 24°C. Do not have the temperature drop under 18°C and not exceed 29°C. To keep the temperature from dropping under the 18°C, you can use ato maintain the ideal temperature. A thermo mat is a must-have in the winter or colder regions of the world.
The Psilocybe cubensis Mondo® Magic Mushroom Grow Kit only needs light for the mycelium to ‘understand’ it has reached the surface. Only then, mushrooms will grow. A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunlight a day is more than enough. Direct sunlight kills the mycelium, so avoid the sun to shine directly on the grow kit.
The day after you start the process you begin with misting. Open the grow bag by removing the paperclip. Do not spray directly on the cake but spray one time against every side of the bag. So you mist once a day, four sprays. Misting also vents fresh oxygen inside the bag. Right after misting, close the bag again with the paperclip.
If the conditions are optimal, you can expect the first small mushrooms (the pins) to appear between 5 and 16 days. This also depends on the strain. Some cubensis strains grow slower than others.
The mushrooms come up in groups. This can be a small or large group. That depends on the strain. A growth like this is called a flush. Mushrooms are almost never ripe at the same time. You can get more than one flush out of a kit. The first two flushes are the largest. When more flushes come, they will be smaller than the previous one.
Mushrooms are ripe and should be picked when the veil between the hat and the stem has just torn. Don’t wait much longer. Use surgical gloves or disinfect your hands, wrists and arms.
Pick the mushrooms that are ripe and let the others continue to grow.
Remove the mushrooms from the cake by taking hold of the base of the mushroom between thumb and index finger. Rotating your hand clockwise slowly, until the mushroom lets go. Do not pull out the mushrooms. This would risk damaging the mycelium and killing it. When most of the larger mushrooms have been picked, also pick the smaller ones and the pins as well.
Mushrooms grow where the light reaches and where there is little penetrating resistance. Because the cake has light shining on the sides, the mushrooms might also grow there. It is hard to counter this and can be allowed. Some growers wrap the sides of the grow box in aluminum foil to keep the sides dark, but this doesn’t always work well.
When mushrooms grow there, they can be picked just before you soak the kit:
- Clean hands! Take the grow box out of the bag and place it upside down on your other hand.
- Wiggle the plastic box so that the cake will fall out, onto your hand. The plastic box can be placed on a disinfectant surface.
- Now you have this hand free to pick the mushrooms from the sides of the cake.
- When all mushrooms are picked, you can place the cake back as it was, in the plastic box and continue to the soaking process.
After all the mushrooms have been picked, you prepare the kit for the next flush.
Again, with disinfected hands or gloves; take the grow box out of the grow bag. Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Take the lid out of the ziploc bag and use it to close the grow box. Place the closed grow box in a soaking Bag or use your own clean plastic shopping bag and wrap it around the box. Close it well and place this in a refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 12 hours.
This is called the soaking process. Water will now soak through the cake, preparing it for the next flush.
During the soaking you can hang the grow bag with micronfilter upside down to dry. Make sure to hang it upside down, so no microorganisms will access the bag. Many growers prefer to use new and unused grow bags after every flush.
After 12 hours take the soaking Bag with the grow box, out from the fridge and unpack it.
To continue, follow the same steps 3 – 7 as before when you started the process for the first time. Several days later, a new flush will appear. You can get at least 2 or 3 flushes out of a Psilocybe cubensis Magic mushroom grow kit. If you are experienced in cultivating, you can get more flushes out of a kit.
When no more mushrooms grow out of a grow kit after the second flush for at least three weeks, or when the Psilocybe cubensis Magic Mushroom grow kit turns green, red, grey or yellow; the grow kit can be disposed of. The change in color is a sign that the grow kit is contaminated with another fungus or bacteria. No more mushrooms will grow out of the Psilocybe cubensis Magic mushroom grow kit and the grow kit should be thrown away in the garbage outside.
When you are too late picking the mushrooms, they will drop their spores. The cake and the mushrooms will turn black/purple (some other cubensis strains red/brown) because of the spores. This is not really a problem; it just doesn’t look very pretty. When mushrooms release their spores, they also start to degrade, and the active ingredients are breaking down. Mushrooms will lose some of their potency.